What You Need To Know About IVF Treatment in Malaysia
|Length of Procedure:||30 minutes (egg collection)|
|Preparation:||Fast before the procedure (no food or any liquids allowed).|
|Anesthesia||Sedation to keep you asleep and pain-free.|
|Overnight/Day care:||Day Care. Approximately 3 hours’ stay after the procedure.|
|Risks/Complications of Surgery:||Minimal risk. Mild abdominal discomfort and bloating.|
|Recovery:||30 min – 1 hour after the procedure. No driving or exercise for the next 48 hours.|
Considering IVF Treatment in Malaysia?
IVF (in vitro fertilization) is a fertility treatment technique that mimics the process of human fertilization in a laboratory. Since the announcement of the first IVF pregnancy in Australia in 1973, hope has become a reality for countless couples, including countries like Malaysia, who have been able to have a child with this type of treatment. It is an effective treatment for almost all causes of infertility.
While it is now readily and widely available, a high degree of knowledge, skill and attention to detail by the fertility specialist and laboratory team is required to achieve consistently high pregnancy success rates.
IVF involves removing eggs from the woman’s body, fertilizing them in the laboratory with her partner’s sperm, and transferring the resulting embryos back into her uterus between 2 to 6 days later. The procedure involves these main steps:
- Stimulation of the woman’s ovary with hormone injections to produce more eggs.
- Removing the eggs from the woman’s body (egg collection procedure).
- Obtaining the partner’s semen(sperm).
- Fertilization of the eggs in the laboratory.
- Placing the embryos into the uterus (embryo transfer procedure).
- Using further medications to strengthen the uterus (womb) until the day of the pregnancy test (2 weeks after the embryo transfer procedure).
Surplus viable embryos can be frozen and used at a later stage, should the couple want to attempt pregnancy again.
Here in KL Fertility Centre, we pride ourselves in providing high quality IVF services in Malaysia, with high success rates that are comparable to international standards.