Dr Helena Lim qualified as a doctor from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 1999. She obtained her specialist degree in the UK in 2006 and completed her master degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology in the same year. She has been a Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology with special interest in Fertility since then. In 2018, Dr Helena Lim received her Fellowship award from the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, UK (FRCOG)
MD (UKM), FRCOG (UK), MOG (UKM)
More About Dr Helena Lim Yun Hsuen
Dr Helena studied medicine at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia between 1994-1999. After completing her internship at Hospital Kuala Lumpur, she joined Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia as a trainee lecturer at the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, which is one of the prestigious training hospitals in Malaysia. As a trainee and registrar, she was actively involved with acaedemic & reasearch work in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In 2005, She left Malaysia to continue her training at Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (RD&E) in Exeter, UK.
She obtained her specialist qualification (MRCOG) in 2006 and completed her master degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology the same year. Upon returning to Malaysia in 2007, she re-joined Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia as a lecturer. She was responsible for teaching of students, resident doctors and post-graduate students, and to this day, maintains an active interest in research and training. During this period of time, she discovered her interest in infertility and has actively pursued further training in this field. In 2011, She was awarded a certificate in Assisted Reproductive Technique from National University of Singapore. She is regularly invited to speak at public forums as well as at medical conferences.
In 2012, Dr Helena left Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and joined KL Fertility & Gynaecology Centre to focus on infertility. In 2018, Dr Helena was elevated to the status of Fellow by the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, UK (FRCOG).
Dr Helena is especially interested in the impact of nutrition, stress and psychology on fertility. Apart from fertility, her other research focuses were on ectopic pregnancy & placental stem cells, in which she had done extensive researches which had been published in international and local medical journals. Dr Helena is actively involved in the Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Malaysia and held the post of the Assistant Honorary Secretary from 2007-2009. She is also passionate about educating the general public on issues on pregnancy and parenting, and had published a book entitled ‘Mummy’s Secret- Your comprehensive Guide to pregnancy & parenting’ recently. In 2009, Dr Helena and her colleagues started a website: www.pitterpatter.com.my for pregnant couples and young parents. She continues to be actively involved in contributing educational articles to magazines and websites related to infertility, pregnancy & parenting. Her blogs on fertility and her career as a fertility specialist can be found on: drhelenalim.com
Dr Helena Lim served as a Clinical Associate Professor at the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at University Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) from 2012-2018, where she teaches medical students on a part-time basis, as part of her interest & community responsibility in educating the younger generation of doctors.
林韵璇医生毕业于马来西亚国民大学医学院， 之后在马来西亚国民大学医学院接受妇产与妇科专科训练， 期间负笈于英国， 在2006年同时考获英国皇家妇产与妇科院士学位和马来西亚国民大学妇产与妇科硕士学位。林医生的专业兴趣与研究， 是专重于不孕和助孕学的领域。
林医生通晓多种语言， 能够以流利的华语（普通话）， 福建话（闽语）， 广东话 （粤语）， 英语及马来语交谈及书写。
Dr Helena’s Publications:
(1) Ng SP, Lim YH, MA Jamil. Laparoscopic Salpingectomy using electrocautery versus pre-tied suture in the management of tubal pregnancy- A preliminary Experience. Malaysian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2003. Vol. 8. pg. 40.
(2) Lim YH, Ng SP, MA Jamil. Imperforate Hymen: Report of an unusual familial occurrence. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Research. 2003. Vol 29, 6: 399-401
(3) Lim YH, Ng SP, Tan GC, Hayati AR, Jamil MA. The frequency of Parvovirus B19 Infection in Intrauterine Fetal Deaths in A Tertiary Hospital. Malaysian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2007.Vol 8, 12: 22-31
(4) Lim YH, Ng SP, Ng PHO, Tan AE, Jamil MA. Laparoscopic salpingectomy in tubal pregnancy: Prospective randomized trial using endoloop versus electrocautery. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Research. 2007. Vol 33. 6: 855-862
(5) Lim PS, Lim YH, Ng SP, MH Omar, MA Jamil. Transvaginal Cyst Aspiration & Alcohol Instillation for the Treatment of Recurrent Endometrioma. Malaysian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2007. Vol 8. 14: 63-68
(6) Lim YH, Lim PS, Omar MH. Heterotopic Pregnancy: A Diagnostic Dilemma. A Case Report and a Brief Review. Malaysian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2008. Vol 8. 15: 86-92
(7) Lim YH, Tan GC, Viegas OA, Zainul Rashid MR. Steroid Cell tumour (Not otherwise specified) of the Ovary in Two Cases and a Brief Review.Malaysian Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2008. Vol 8. 16: 89-97.
(8) Lim PS, Nirmala CK, Shafiee MN, Lim YH, Rozman Z, Mohd Hashim O, Zainul RAZ, Muhammad Abdul Jamil MY. Case Review Post Partum vulvo-vaginal haematomas, options of management. Journal Of Surgical Academia. 2011. Vol.1 Issue.1 2011
(9) Nur Fariha MM, Chua KH, Tan GC, Lim YH, Hayati AR. Endogenous and induced angiogenic characteristics of human chorion-derived stem cells. Cell Biology International. 2012. 26: 1145-1153
(10) Fariha MM, Chua KH, Tan GC, Lim YH, Hayati AR.Pro-angiogenic potential of human chorion-derived stem cells: in vitro and in vivo evaluation. J Cell Mol Med. 2013 May;17(5):681-92.
(11) 11. AR Hayati, A Sellymiah, Chua KH, RN F Aqilah, Tan GC, S S Fatimah, Lim YH, RN Syahrina, Nur Fariha MM. Comparative profiling of stemness markers expressed by human umbilical vein endothelial cells and human umbilical cord matrix- derived stem cells. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018, 9 (SPL 2):51-59