KL FERTILITY & GYNAECOLOGY CENTRE SDN BHD (KLF)
KL Fertility Centre (KLF) respects your rights to privacy. Therefore, we are committed to managing your information in a respectful way by adhering to the Personal Data Protection Principles in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
We will only use or disclose your health information for the purpose you have provided it for (such as providing you with health care), or for other directly related purposes for which you would reasonably expect KLF to use or disclose the information. This may include sharing your health information with our Fertility Specialists and service providers (if and where applicable) such as pathology and pharmacy providers.
We will not use or disclose your health information for any other purpose unless you have consented to it. Please note however, that in our efforts to improve patient care and safety, your patient folder may be inspected for clinical audit by external 3rd party auditing companies, representing the Reproductive Technologies Accreditation Committee (RTAC) based in Australia.
Please note that when registering for treatment as a couple, information and medical results will be made available to both of you in relation to treatment undertaken at KLF, unless you specifically request that such information is only disclosed to the person undergoing the procedure.(NOTE: Infectious disease results are an exception to this general operating procedure. Such results may only be disclosed to the person undergoing the tests and not their spouse).
This document sets out the way we will handle your personal information.
- We collect the personal information that you provide to us only if you have consented or if that
information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities, such as for the purposes of
providing health services to you, contacting you regarding your health care, or addressing billing
matter with you. This information may include your health information and medical records,
names, addresses, phone numbers and billing information.
- We will only collect information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
- We may collect information about you from third parties, such as where the collection of your information is necessary to provide you with health services, or you have consented.
- We will only collect your information by lawful and fair means.
KLF has strict policies with respect to who has access to your information. All staff and visitors such as external auditors sign a privacy and confidentiality agreement
Your Medical Records
- Health information about you is stored in physical folders.
- A couple shares one file; ie all observations and results are filed into the same folder.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you have separated or divorced as a couple. Each party then cannot access each other’s personal health information or any other information.
- These records are used by healthcare professionals to guide them in making decisions about treatment(s) offered to you.
- Your past medical history is vital to this decision making process and health providers may need to disclose your medical information to other health providers to ensure continuity of your health care.
KLF has strict policies with respect to who has access to your medical records.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
- We will only use or disclose your health information for the purpose you have provided it for (such as providing you with health care), or for other directly related purposes for which you would reasonably expect KLF to use or disclose the information. This may include sharing your health information with our Consultants and service providers such as pathology.
- We will not use or disclose your health information for any other purpose unless you have consented. However, we may need to disclose your health information should we be required by law or a court/tribunal order to release your information.
- When you provide KLF with personal information that is not health information (or other sensitive information), such as names, addresses, phone numbers and billing information, we will use or disclose this information for the purpose you provided it, or for related purposes where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information. This may include use or disclosure of your information for the purposes of sending billing information to you, telephone enquiries, mailing newsletters, technology updates, customer satisfaction surveys and research studies. We will not use or disclose such information for any other purpose unless you have consented.
- You may request not to receive any marketing or promotional information from KLF at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this document.
Where personal information is not provided
- KLF respects your right to privacy, however, if you choose not to provide us with information relevant to your health care, we may not be able to provide you with comprehensive health services appropriate to your requirements. You may also suffer some harm or an adverse outcome if you do not provide such information (eg not informing us about an allergy).
Quality and security of your personal information
- KLF takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete. These steps include maintaining and updating your personal information when you advise us of any changes to your personal information.
- KLF also takes all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected against misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access and correction
- KLF will correct any personal information that is incorrect, out-of-date or incomplete.
- You may request to access your personal information by contacting our Centre Manager using the contact details below.
- We will allow you to access your information unless there is a sound reason not to do so, such as where giving access to the information would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety or an individual or to public health or safety.
- When you request to access your personal information, we will respond to your request within a reasonable time (usually within fourteen  days). If we refuse your request for access or correction, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal, and how you may complain about the decision.
- If you believe that there has been a breach of your privacy and would like to make a complaint, then you may contact our Centre Manager using the contact details below, who will respond to you within a reasonable time (usually within fourteen  days).
Contact details and additional information
- If you require access to your medical records, wish to make a compliment/suggestion/complaint, wish to be removed from mailing lists, wish to stop receiving marketing or promotional materials, or need clarification about how we handle your personal information or any other information contained in this document, please contact us in person or by phone or by email :
KL Fertility & Gynaecology Centre Sdn Bhd (542243-D)
Suite 6.04, 6th Floor, Wisma Perintis,
47, Jalan Dungun, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia.
Tel : +603-20933500
Fax : +603-20943500
Email : email@example.com (Please address the email to the Centre Manager)
Date : 15 February 2016